Monday, July 7, 2008

Week 4 thing 8 and 9

Today I learned about Rss Feeds ( Really Simple Syndication ) and bloglines. I decided to do some of the discovery exercises and after taking the tutorial I created a free online account and then added three important feeds (thing 9)or websites that I can easily access anytime I want. The three I use a lot in the classroom are: Dictionary.com- word of the day
United Streaming Video
Channel One.com- today's issues that affect teenagers

I used Topix.net to search for the feeds I wanted. I found Syndic8.com easier though and make sure you click on the (feeds) Icon at the top. This will make things easier.

I will go back there later and add more feeds to my blogline account.

Oh and to anyone having trouble adding RSS feeds to your bloglines, there is a good tutorial on youtube.com

Happy feeding!

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

I started using Google Reader for my feeds and it works well for me.